Monday 13 May 2013

Goodbye for now








Salam alikum

I have been thinking the past couple of weeks about stopping blogging for a while to concentrate more on my marriage, my kids and my studying and after much consideration that is in fact what I have decided to do. In fact it's not just the blogging but all of my internet at the moment. This is not something I really want to do as I love my blog big time but.....

I didn't ever want to be the kind of Mother who was always on the computer or even worse watching TV  I want to be the kind of Mother who instead reads books to her kids. who builds forts with them, who digs with them in the garden. I don't want to be the kind of mother who sits at the playground on her phone constantly, I want to be able to run with them, fly kites and go down the slide. I know some people who choose to blog etc when their kids are asleep but for me that is the time to be either with my husband or else spending some time doing something beneficial for my soul. I need to get all my priorities in order.

For now I have decided to spend half an hour in the morning checking emails or recipes I need for that day and then pack the computer away for the day, and try as much as I can not to use it in the weekends insha'Allah.

I don't feel like this is forever but for this season in my life right now this is what I need to do. It may be six months, it may be two years. Allah knows best, but in two days from now my blog will be set to private so only I can see it.

I have met some of my closest friends in the world off this blog. Marie and Khedegah. My beloved American sisters Elisa and Rene and of course Salma who has been so kind to me in my times of hardship.Of course there are many more of you and you know who you are xxxx. Thank you all so much for all your support in the last two years, at times it was all I had. And in two years I was so, so blessed to not have even one negative comment, alhamdulillah!

Love and blessings to every single one of you xxxx




2 comments:

  1. I understand you my dear. I have been away from the computer for the past 5 days and it made a beautiful difference in my life and the one of Mister Pop.
    Take your time and whatever you decide know you are in my prayers and heart.

    Much love to you all. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you all the best Bonnie and although I'll miss reading your posts I do understand where you're coming from and I guess there comes that time when you have to make the choice of what comes first in your life. Inshaa-Allah you will get to do all the wonderful things that you intend doing!

    Take care and may Allah Almighty always be with you, keeping you and your family in peace and happiness.

    ReplyDelete